The Toronto Palestine Film Festival (TPFF) is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization dedicated to bringing Palestinian cinema, music, cuisine and art to GTA audiences. TPFF was conceived in 2008 to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Al-Nakba.
For general inquiries about TPFF please contact us:
Toronto Palestine Film Festival C208B-777 BAY ST., STE 148 - TORONTO ON M5G 2C8
- Andrew Hugill (Festival Production) Andrew is an Applied Physics/Engineering consultant.
- Dania Majid (Media Relations and Programming) Dania is the President of the Arab Canadian Lawyers Association.
- Dima Amine (Sponsor Relations) Dima is a geophysicist working in sales and marketing.
- Dina Al-Wer (Outreach and Programming) has a BCom Degree from McGill University and currently runs tech events inToronto
- Issam Alyamani (Sponsor Relations) Issam is a Toronto-based Palestinian writer.
- Liam Dalquen (Volunteer Coordinator) Liam is completing his undergraduate degree at the University of Toronto in Political Science and Islamic Studies.
- Mahmoud Abdelmalek (Events Coordinator) Mahmoud works within the Quick-Service Restaurant (QSR) industry for Yum! Brands, Inc., a large Fortune 500 corporation. Mahmoud is also currently completing his Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Naji Rizeq (Events Coordinator) Naji recently completed his diploma in Events Planning from George Brown College, and will be pursuing his bachelor’s degree Hospitality.
- Rand Mashal (Outreach and Volunteers) has a HBSc from University of Toronto and currently works in Healthcare
- Rehaana Manek (Events Coordinator) Rehaana is a 4th year PhD student in Anthropology, with an interest in youth development technologies and film production.
TPFF Committee Members
- Christina Piovesan (Film Industry Relations) Christina is a Toronto-based film producer (Amreeka).
- John Sharkey (Grants) John is a former senior programmer with the Toronto International Film Festival, Perspective Canada Program.
- Mariam Zaidi (TPFF trailer) Mariam is a documentary filmmaker based in Toronto.
- Patrice Roc (Design) Patrice is a multi-media and graphic artist based in Toronto with over 10 years of experience in both digital and print mediums.
- Robert Allison (IT support) Robert is a Hamilton based IT professional and a founding member of TPFF. Currently working to establish a Hamilton Palestine Film Festival.
TPFF Advisory Board
Annemarie Jacir is a Palestinian filmmaker (When I Saw You, Salt of this Sea), editor, poet, author and educator.
John Greyson is a filmmaker (Fig Trees), video artist (Covered), writer, activist and professor (Film) at York University.
Luay Khoury is co-founder/CEO of Projacs International, member of the board of trustees and directors of the Welfare Association and the Palestinian Museum Task Force.
Rafeef Ziadah is a Palestinian spoken-word artist (Hadeel), PhD candidate and a founder of the Toronto Palestine Film Festival.
Rand Askalan is a pediatric neurologist and founder of the Palestinian Fellowship Program at Sick Kids-Toronto
Richard Fung is a Toronto-based video artist, cultural critic and a professor (Video) at the Ontario College of Art and Design.
Ruba Nadda is an acclaimed Arab-Canadian filmmaker (Inescapable, Sabah, Cairo Times) and writer.